Check out my free financial calculators here.
- Declutter. Everything should be cleared off your kitchen and bathroom countertops and your bedside tables except for a few items.
- Clean everything. Do a spring cleaning on steroids—get into the grout, get under the beds, wipe off the baseboards, wash the windows inside and outside, etc. If you need the services of a top-quality professional cleaner, I know plenty who I would be happy to refer you to.
- Pressure-wash everything on the outside. This includes any decks, patios, walkways, siding, and gutters. Don’t wash the roof, though, because that will decrease the lifespan of the shingles.
- Service the home’s features. Okay, I lied a little bit—not all of these tips are 100% free. You should still service your furnace, your hot water tank, and consider ordering a home inspection so you can get ahead of any items that need to be repaired.
- Stage the house. You can still live in your home while it’s staged, and our team has a fantastic stager who can help you with this arrangement. If you won’t be living in your home, we can also offer full staging services with our own furniture. Almost all home builders stage their homes, and we stage homes differently than how we live in them, so it’s best to hire a professional to help with this tip.
If you have any questions about this topic or you have any other real estate needs I can assist you with, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to help you.